WEN 4208 8-Inch 5 Speed Drill Press Reviews

Always give you best reviews

Thursday, April 3, 2014

WEN 4208 8-Inch 5 Speed Drill Press Reviews

WEN 4208 8-Inch 5 Speed Drill Press | I just received this little press and already I love it. I haven't used it enough yet to speak to the torque but I am absolutely amazed at the accuracy. The spindle ranout well under .0005. In fact I thought my indicator was off the taper. The chuck ran out around .006 which isn't bad at all for a "kit" chuck. I had planned to buy a better chuck if the spindle ran out good and now I will.

I bought this little job with the variable speed sheeves for light work and it's going to be a real gem for that purpose. Maybe I was just lucky but the machine was finished well, packed with care, and stacks up nicely with machines costing a lot more.

I highly recommend it for light hobby work.



 WEN 4208 8-Inch 5 Speed Drill Press Detail:

  • Includes: Drill Press, Mechanical Variable Speed, Laser, 1/2" Keyed Chuck & Key, Tools for Assembly
  • Infinitely variable speed range 530-3100 RPMS. Mechanical variable speed delivers equal torque throughout the range. LED read out displays speed.
  • Spindle Travel of 2-3/8" with easy to read, adjustable depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations
  • Durable 2/3hp induction motor develops ample torque to power through your project
  • 8 x 7-2/3" cast iron worktable features rack & pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45 Degree left & right

Got the the 8-inch 5 Speed drill press and am blown away by the quality. Given that it was only $80, I wasn't expecting much performance but got it anyway since I needed it for a small job so it didn't need to last and last. However, this performed fantastically well and far exceeded expectations. No complaints.

WEN 4208 8-Inch 5 Speed Drill Press Reviews Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: clara

1 comments: